With the advent of the discomfort in the spine faced by almost every person. Eating painkillers, the majority of the population did not even wonder about why a bad back, writing off the negative manifestations of a cold, the drafts or the effects of stretching. Meanwhile, a painful syndrome (BS) can be an alarming signal the emergence of serious pathologies.
In different parts of the
Back pain are of a different character.
Among them are distinguished:
- Cramping. Different periodicity.
- Rise. In the process of pathologic conditions there is an increase in the degree of intensity of uncomfortable symptoms.
- Dagger. Are the result of emergency conditions.
- In the form of crosses. Recorded in violation of functionality of the spine.
- Constant or monotone.
In addition, back pain can be of two types:
- Projected. Spread along the nerve fibers. May radiate to the distal parts of the body.
- Reflected. Appears when a malfunction of the internal organs.
In the right part
There are several circumstances that explain why my back hurts on the right. They are:
- the result of inactivity, causing the abdominal muscles lose their elasticity, the entire load imposed on the spine;
- injuries and soft tissue injuries;
- perform physical work in an unnatural posture (uneven load).
In addition to natural factors the reason for discomfort in the back can be diseases of internal organs and locomotor apparatus.
This symptom may be part of the clinical picture with the following diseases:
- Diseases of the respiratory system. Inflammation of the lungs (right-sided pneumonia), in addition to back pain, the patient complains of the appearance of dry cough, General weakness, rise of temperature of the body.
- Stabbing BS from the right is observed in pleurisy. It is accompanied by expectoration of purulent sputum and shortness of breath.
- Pathology of the liver and gallbladder. BS is characterized by a long duration. For the relief of used pain or antispasmodic drugs. The clinical picture complement the signs of intoxication (nausea, vomiting, disturbance of defecation).
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Pancreatitis or gastritis pain syndrome is usually localized on the left side, but often radiates to the right side.
- Urinary tract disease manifested long dull aching or soreness. It occurs on the background of frequent urination, with the appearance of red blood cells (blood) in the urine. The distinguishing feature is that a sick person cannot find a comfortable body position to reduce back pain.
- Appendicitis. In addition to discomfort in the stomach, the patient noted that back pain on the right side. Additional symptoms is the nausea and gag reflex, the rise of temperature of the body, General lack of energy.
- Gynecological pathology. Uncomfortable manifestations of the right register at the occurrence of ectopic pregnancy, inflammation of the appendages or of the growth of cystic ovaries seals.
- Low back pain. Pain may be localized on both the right and left side. It is accompanied by stiffness in the movements, and increases with physical activity (especially if the person does it for the first time). In advanced forms there is radiating to the fingers with their numbness.
In the left part
Localization of back pain on the left may be a primary or secondary symptom in the clinical picture of many diseases.
It may occur in the following cases:
- Disease of the spine. Most often the patient shows complaints that back pain due to osteochondrosis, intercostal neuralgia, or when the pinched nerve. The clinical picture is completed by a stiffness in the movements, radiating to the upper limb, loss of sensation in the fingers.
- Diseases of the stomach and intestines. Symptoms of pain manifestations is complemented by the presence of nausea, vomiting, disorders of stool and increased flatulence. These symptoms appear when the development of pancreatitis, intestinal colic, cholecystitis.
- Cardiac disease. Acute painful syndrome in the back under the ribs, in combination with shortness of breath and a burning sensation in the chest is a characteristic sign of myocardial infarction.
- In the bronchi and lungs of BS may be observed in the development of pneumothorax, pleurisy, bronchitis or pneumonia. It may increase during inspiration and decrease during expiration.
In the lumbar region
The lumbar region begins from the place where the end rib, and ends at the tailbone. Most often, patients applying for medical assistance with complaints of back pain, it mean the lower back.
Causes of lumbar pain become the following States:
- 90% of all cases of spinal pain are explained by a violation of the functionality of the spine (osteochondrosis, hernia between vertebrae, scoliosis, sciatica). For these States are typical symptoms in the form of sudden lumbago.
- 6% pain in the lower back are the result of disruption of the urinary organs. This characteristic is manifested pyelonephritis, cystitis, glomerulonephritis or the formation of calculi (stones) in the kidneys.
- 4% of the disease other internal organs (stomach, intestines).
In the blades
Pain in the blades a person can feel in different places of localization:
- Pain syndrome is localized under the blades. Such a character of BS noted in the presence of ulcers and erosions in the stomach. The main epicenter of negative feelings focused in the area of the epigastrium, and gives radiating under the shoulder blade.
- Compression of the chest, aching, and dull pain are often the cause of degenerative disc disease or myositis.
- When back pain between the shoulder blades, then with high probability we can assume about the localization of intercostal neuralgia (if BS is in the form of crosses). In the case of pneumonia the pain worse when you cough and peak breath.
- BS in the shoulder often occurs as a traumatic consequence. Symptoms of negative feelings increases with movement of the upper limbs.
Along the spine
The cause of back pain along the spine can be the following States:
- Lumbalgia. Appears acutely after lifting weights.
- Slouching, scoliosis or kyphosis cause uncomfortable sensations that occur pulling or whining BS.
- Hernial protrusion between the vertebrae leading to compression of the nerve roots, which there is a burning sensation in the course of the spine. Thus there is loss of sensation in the back.
- Cervical and thoracic osteochondrosis leads to changes in the spinous processes of the vertebrae, which is a result of a permanent injury to their nerve endings. This causes back pain and stiffness in the movements.
- Injury provokes an acute and sharp pain. When spinal cord injury is loss of sensation in the lower extremities.
- Arthritis is characterized by gradual increase of discomfort, with the advent of crunching and cracking in the region of the vertebrae.
- Endometriosis and adnexitis cause discomfort in the spine due to the anatomical location of female reproductive organs (lower abdomen).
Below the waist
Lumbosacral most frequently is load due to improper heavy lifting, prolonged walking or stay in a sitting position. But they only partly explain why back pain below the waist.
Discomfort occurs when:
- pathological changes in the spine (osteoarthritis, low back pain, hernial protrusion between the vertebrae);
- after injury to the sacrum or tailbone;
- in violation of posture (scoliosis or lordosis).
Pain in the sacral division appears when urogenital diseases, constipation, cholecystitis or gastritis. In women, this symptom may indicate the onset of pregnancy or menopause. It sometimes heralds the onset of the menstrual cycle.
Pain in back after sleep
Sometimes, people noted severe fatigue and fatigue after a night's rest.
Most often this is facilitated by the following factors:
- improper organization of the bed (too hard or soft mattress);
- increased physical activity or large amount of work during the day;
- destructive changes in violation of the functionality of the vertebrae and disc between them;
- age-related changes in cartilage tissue of intervertebral discs;
- the consequences of injuries;
- inflammation in the internal organs of the abdominal cavity.
Soreness in the muscles
Pathological processes in the vertebrae and intervertebral discs change the structure of bone and cartilage. This is strain of muscle and tendon of fascia. This leads to the fact that the body reacts to the occurrence of BS.
In some cases, it is noted that the back hurts after a long stay in the draft or with hypothermia. These two factors contribute to the manifestation of myositis, in which the pain is localized in the superficial muscles. A distinctive feature is the increase of discomfort on palpation or when patient tries to make turns or tilts the torso. Sometimes symptoms appear after sprains and bruises.
Painful syndrome in the muscle groups often occurs due to intense exercise in athletes. In this case, the overloaded muscle fibers lose their elasticity, they are seals, which are detected on palpation.
The causes of diseases
Pain in back diagnosed with various diseases.
- pathological processes in the spine (hernia, spondylitis, arthralgia, sciatica);
- myocardial infarction, aortic aneurysm;
- diseases of the stomach and intestines (pancreatitis, colitis);
- the formation of stones in the kidney, cholecystitis, biliary colic.
All diseases have different etiology that is taken into account in the choice of tactics of treatment.
Degenerative changes occur in the cartilage and bone. The violation of the morphological structure causes a degeneration, which occurs osteochondrosis, spondylosis, or spondylosis.
Among provoking factors of destructive changes in the release:
- a metabolic disorder that causes insufficient supply of nutrients to the intervertebral discs;
- a limited intake of minerals;
- heavy loads and trauma;
- failures in the endocrine system;
- harmful habits for example tobacco and excessive addiction to alcohol;
- physical inactivity and a sedentary lifestyle.
Diseases that lead to inflammation in the spine can occur both independently and result from complications of pathologies. They are captured in rare cases, but pose a serious threat to the health of the patient.
The inflammation may be localized in different parts of the vertebra:
- in the anterior most often diagnosed spondylitis, discitis or spondylodiscitis;
- localization in the posterior part provokes the development of osteomyelitis, spondylitis, or paravertebral abscess;
- if the spinal canal becomes infected, the inflammation manifests itself by the development of an abscess or cases.
In addition, tissues of the spine may be affected due to tuberculosis, brucellosis, trichinosis (a type of helminthiasis).
This type of pathologies characterized sharp painful attacks in muscle groups that are difficult are eliminated by taking analgesics. The clinical picture can be complemented by the concomitant symptoms, for example, an abrupt increase in temperature of the body and loss of sensation on certain sections of the spine.
Myofascial syndrome is characterized by a chronic course with the formation in the muscle tissue of seals in the form of pain (trigger) points. It causes not only severe discomfort, but also leads to a decrease in motor activity, whereby the patient gets tired quickly from even minor physical exertion.
The likelihood of developing myofascial syndrome increased significantly during the following situations:
- osteochondrosis, spondylosis, injuries and bruises;
- in the case of the diagnosis of scoliosis or with flat feet;
- if the work involves the repetition of stereotyped movements;
- when psycho-emotional disturbance (if it occurs with increased muscle tension).
The importance in clinical practice is given to as trigger points. They are active or latent.
Given this, they are classified as follows:
- The acute form. Trigger points are active and cause discomfort when you try to make any movement.
- Subacute. Negative manifestations disappear at rest.
- Chronic. The latent condition causes only minor discomfort in the relevant field.
In addition, to make the right choice of therapy, in neurology adopted the classification by etiological principle:
- primary trigger points are formed due to muscle damage;
- secondary register in violation of the range of movement and somatic organs.
In another group of physiological causes soreness in muscle corset to call home. They do not require treatment and disappear by themselves after a short rest.
- performing heavy physical work for long time;
- the weakening or fatigue of the body;
- wrong posture during the night rest, or engage in repetitive actions during work;
- poor organization of the place for a night's sleep;
- a poorly chosen mattress or pillow.
To determine the cause of back pain, you must consult your doctor, as this may require the completion of a number of diagnostic procedures. This will allow to determine the tactics of treatment process that will not allow the transition of the disease in running form.